By Briana McCray
Philadelphia Manufacturing Boot Camp Training
Starts March 11, 2019
The Philadelphia Manufacturing Boot Camp Training Program represents a great opportunity to launch a sustaining career in an industry that is growing, rapidly. Participants will receive focused training during a 6-week boot camp program linked with opportunities to interview for entry level positions in the Manufacturing Industry.
The Philadelphia Manufacturing Boot Camp Begins March 11, 2019 and applications are being accepted until March 8, 2019! Call 1-833-750-JOBS to get more information!
Please apply at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NRS8GXV
Transportation will be provided for the duration of the boot camp. We have information sessions going on all over the city and Space is limited, so contact us today or apply at the link above to learn of your next steps to be accepted into the program.
- Be interested in the Manufacturing Industry as a career
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED
- Pass a drug test and background check
- Complete aptitude testing at required levels
- TABE – Test of Adult Basic Education – 9th grade Level Reading & Math
- Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Test – 50th Percentile
- Program Location: Community College of Philadelphia – NE Regional Center
No-Cost CDL & Job Training for SEPTA Bus Operator Opportunities
Applications due on March 15, 2019
The West Philadelphia Skills Initiative is offering a free Commercial Drivers License (CDL) certification and Job Training program for individuals who are interested in Bus Operator positions at SEPTA. As part of this training program, participants will receive:
- Cutting-edge job connection strategies resulting in over 90% of WPSI graduates finding employment.
- A generous, performance-based stipend while in training at WPSI.
- No-cost Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) training and testing.
- An accelerated connection to a career you love and the life you want!
- The opportunity to interview for Bus Operator openings with SEPTA upon graduation
Eligible applicants are individuals who live in Philadelphia, have a high school diploma or GED, are unemployed, and have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record for at least three years.
APPLY TODAY! Online applications can be found at http://www.universitycity.org/jobs. Paper applications are available at First District Plaza, Suite 206, from 9AM to 5PM Monday through Friday. Application deadline is Friday, March 15, 2019 at 5PM.
100 Hour Personal Care Home Administrators Training
Starts April 10, 2019
Are you looking for a new career? The state approved Temple University Personal Care Home Administrator Training is expanding the capacity of individuals to provide safe and supportive residential care for dependent adults. Successful completion of this program is required by the State if you want to work in or operate a personal care home.
Classes will held weekly starting Wednesday, April 10, 2019 and ending Wednesday, August 21st, 2019, starting promptly at 8:30 AMat Temple University’s Main Campus.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to: https://harrisburg.temple.edu/continuing-education/personal-care-home-administrator-100-hour-course