Temple University’s Lenfest North Philadelphia Workforce Initiative (LNPWI) seeks to strengthen the earning potential of local communities by providing job training and career readiness programs that result in outcomes that lead to sustainable employment.
Our strategies are informed by our partnerships with the North Philadelphia community including service providers, community organizations, faith based institutions, employers, and residents.
Everything we do focuses on serving the eight zip codes surrounding Temple University’s Main Campus: 19121, 19122, 19123, 19125, 19130, 19132, 19133, & 19140.
Opportunities for Everyone
We seek to serve anyone who is unemployed, underemployed, or underpaid including: Youth, Adults, Returning Citizens, Individuals with Disabilities, English Language Learners, Immigrants, & Veterans.
LNPWI has partnerships with over 20 community, university, and employer partners to offer diverse job readiness and career training programs that meet the needs of all North Philadelphia residents. Partners include:
- Called to Serve CDC
- Center for Employment Opportunities
- Community Integrated Services
- Congreso de Latinos Unidos
- District 1199C Training and Upgrading Fund
- Electrical Association of Philadelphia
- Esperanza Inc.
- JEVS Human Services
- Maternity Care Coalition
- Philadelphia Housing Authority
- Project HOME
- Steppingstone Scholars
- Temple’s Center for Community Partnership
- Temple’s Center for Obesity Research and Education
- Temple’s Institute on Disabilities
- Temple’s Lewis Katz School of Medicine
- Temple’s University College
- Temple’s Center for Bioethics, Urban Health, & Policy
- Temple’s College of Education
- Temple’s Department of Spanish and Portuguese
- Temple’s Office of Community Relations
- Temple’s Pan African Studies Community Education Program (PASCEP)
- Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians
- …and more!
LNPWI by the Numbers
invested in local workforce development programs
workforce development projects for North Philadelphia funded
community-driven reports on workforce and labor in North Philadelphia published
Our Recent Posts
- PHA CARES: COVID-19 Action Response Educational ServicesBy Gulrukh Chughtai Considering the hardships that have been imposed upon the North Philadelphia Community due to COVID-19, the Philadelphia Housing Authority and the LNPWI, along with Greater Philadelphia Health Action, Drexel University’s Wellness Hub and Temple University’s School of … Continue reading PHA CARES: COVID-19 Action Response Educational Services
- Navigating an Evolving Job MarketBy Benson Li As a pandemic sweeps over the world and is forcing people to stay in their homes, the importance of digital technology grows even more as people are looking for ways to find work to sustain themselves and … Continue reading Navigating an Evolving Job Market
- myPLACE℠by Loc the Dieu, edited by Shirley Moy In 2014, the Office of Adult Education launched myPLACE℠ to offer residents centralized access to education and career development services in community-based partner program settings. The myPLACE℠ system has served 26,735 adult … Continue reading myPLACE℠