Temple University’s Lenfest North Philadelphia Workforce Initiative (LNPWI) seeks to strengthen the earning potential of local communities by providing job training and career readiness programs that result in outcomes that lead to sustainable employment.
Our strategies are informed by our partnerships with the North Philadelphia community including service providers, community organizations, faith based institutions, employers, and residents.
Everything we do focuses on serving the eight zip codes surrounding Temple University’s Main Campus: 19121, 19122, 19123, 19125, 19130, 19131, 19132, & 19140.
Opportunities for Everyone
We seek to serve anyone who is unemployed, underemployed, or underpaid including: Youth, Adults, Returning Citizens, Individuals with Disabilities, English Language Learners, Immigrants, & Veterans.
LNPWI has partnerships with over 20 community, university, and employer partners to offer diverse job readiness and career training programs that meet the needs of all North Philadelphia residents. Partners include:
- Called to Serve CDC
- Center for Employment Opportunities
- Community Integrated Services
- Congreso de Latinos Unidos
- District 1199C Training and Upgrading Fund
- Electrical Association of Philadelphia
- Esperanza Inc.
- JEVS Human Services
- Maternity Care Coalition
- Philadelphia Housing Authority
- Project HOME
- Steppingstone Scholars
- Temple’s Center for Community Partnership
- Temple’s Center for Obesity Research and Education
- Temple’s Institute on Disabilities
- Temple’s Lewis Katz School of Medicine
- Temple’s University College
- Temple’s Center for Bioethics, Urban Health, & Policy
- Temple’s College of Education
- Temple’s Department of Spanish and Portuguese
- Temple’s Office of Community Relations
- Temple’s Pan African Studies Community Education Program (PASCEP)
- Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians
- …and more!
LNPWI by the Numbers
invested in local workforce development programs
workforce development projects for North Philadelphia funded
community-driven reports on workforce and labor in North Philadelphia published
Our Recent Posts
- Public Testimony on Temple University's Small Business Development CenterJobs and Education Public Hearing City Council’s Special Committee on Poverty Reduction and Prevention Testimony provided by: Maura Shenker, Director, Temple University Small Business Development Center– MauraSBDC@temple.edu Testimony provided on: December 5, 2019 from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM Testimony … Read more
- Public Testimony on Temple University's Lenfest North Philadelphia Workforce InitiativeJobs and Education Public Hearing City Council’s Special Committee on Poverty Reduction and Prevention Testimony provided by: Shirley Moy, Executive Dir., Lenfest North Philadelphia Workforce Initiative, Temple University – email@example.com Testimony provided on: December 5, 2019 from 4:00 PM to … Read more
- Public Testimony on Temple University's Community Hiring InitiativeTestimony provided on: December 5, 2019, 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM Testimony provided at: Dobbins Technical High School, 2150 West Lehigh Ave., Phila., PA Resolution No.: #190575 Good afternoon to all. My name is Rev. Michael Robinson, I am the … Read more