Temple University’s Lenfest North Philadelphia Workforce Initiative (LNPWI) seeks to strengthen the earning potential of local communities by providing job training and career readiness programs that result in outcomes that lead to sustainable employment.
Our strategies are informed by our partnerships with the North Philadelphia community including service providers, community organizations, faith based institutions, employers, and residents.
Everything we do focuses on serving the eight zip codes surrounding Temple University’s Main Campus: 19121, 19122, 19123, 19125, 19130, 19132, 19133, & 19140.
Opportunities for Everyone
We seek to serve anyone who is unemployed, underemployed, or underpaid including: Youth, Adults, Returning Citizens, Individuals with Disabilities, English Language Learners, Immigrants, & Veterans.
LNPWI has partnerships with over 20 community, university, and employer partners to offer diverse job readiness and career training programs that meet the needs of all North Philadelphia residents. Partners include:
- Called to Serve CDC
- Center for Employment Opportunities
- Community Integrated Services
- Congreso de Latinos Unidos
- District 1199C Training and Upgrading Fund
- Electrical Association of Philadelphia
- Esperanza Inc.
- JEVS Human Services
- Maternity Care Coalition
- Philadelphia Housing Authority
- Project HOME
- Steppingstone Scholars
- Temple’s Center for Community Partnership
- Temple’s Center for Obesity Research and Education
- Temple’s Institute on Disabilities
- Temple’s Lewis Katz School of Medicine
- Temple’s University College
- Temple’s Center for Bioethics, Urban Health, & Policy
- Temple’s College of Education
- Temple’s Department of Spanish and Portuguese
- Temple’s Office of Community Relations
- Temple’s Pan African Studies Community Education Program (PASCEP)
- Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians
- …and more!
LNPWI by the Numbers
invested in local workforce development programs
workforce development projects for North Philadelphia funded
community-driven reports on workforce and labor in North Philadelphia published
Our Recent Posts
- Workforce Connections HUBBy Ulicia Lawrence-Oladeinde The Workforce Connection Hub is a collaborative process to provide collective services and information to adult education learners and community employment seekers. Temple Office of Community Relations, The Pan- African Studies Community Education Program, Lenfest North Philadelphia … Continue reading Workforce Connections HUB
- Reconstruction Inc.By Ra’Vonne Pierre and Ulicia Lawrence-Oladeinde Since 1980 PASCEP has provided services to incarcerated and returning citizens. Services from prison, educational, spiritual and informational courses to referrals for housing, college admission, expungement and more. PASCEP and LNPWI programs can help … Continue reading Reconstruction Inc.
- MyPLACE and E3By Loc Dieu; Edited by Ulicia Lawrence-Oladeinde and Casey Tinney Pan African Studies Community Education Program (PASCEP) collaborates with Lenfest North Philadelphia Workforce Initiative and other stakeholders to engage the North Philadelphia community. PASCEP targets community members who desire to … Continue reading MyPLACE and E3