Temple University’s Lenfest North Philadelphia Workforce Initiative (LNPWI) seeks to strengthen the earning potential of local communities by providing job training and career readiness programs that result in outcomes that lead to sustainable employment.
Our strategies are informed by our partnerships with the North Philadelphia community including service providers, community organizations, faith based institutions, employers, and residents.
Everything we do focuses on serving the eight zip codes surrounding Temple University’s Main Campus: 19121, 19122, 19123, 19125, 19130, 19132, 19133, & 19140.
Opportunities for Everyone
We seek to serve anyone who is unemployed, underemployed, or underpaid including: Youth, Adults, Returning Citizens, Individuals with Disabilities, English Language Learners, Immigrants, & Veterans.
LNPWI has partnerships with over 20 community, university, and employer partners to offer diverse job readiness and career training programs that meet the needs of all North Philadelphia residents. Partners include:
- Called to Serve CDC
- Center for Employment Opportunities
- Community Integrated Services
- Congreso de Latinos Unidos
- District 1199C Training and Upgrading Fund
- Electrical Association of Philadelphia
- Esperanza Inc.
- JEVS Human Services
- Maternity Care Coalition
- Philadelphia Housing Authority
- Project HOME
- Steppingstone Scholars
- Temple’s Center for Community Partnership
- Temple’s Center for Obesity Research and Education
- Temple’s Institute on Disabilities
- Temple’s Lewis Katz School of Medicine
- Temple’s University College
- Temple’s Center for Bioethics, Urban Health, & Policy
- Temple’s College of Education
- Temple’s Department of Spanish and Portuguese
- Temple’s Office of Community Relations
- Temple’s Pan African Studies Community Education Program (PASCEP)
- Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians
- …and more!
LNPWI by the Numbers
invested in local workforce development programs
workforce development projects for North Philadelphia funded
community-driven reports on workforce and labor in North Philadelphia published
Our Recent Posts
- Temple Cares Bridge to Employment: Helping Young Philadelphians Get Connected to Careers in HealthcareBy: Olivia Lamborn The Temple Cares Bridge to Employment program, hosted by the Temple University College of Education’s Intergenerational Center, is breaking new ground in their pathway to providing young Philadelphians with the skills they need to get ahead in … Continue reading Temple Cares Bridge to Employment: Helping Young Philadelphians Get Connected to Careers in Healthcare
- Partner Spotlight: Temple’s Center for Community Partnerships Brings Meaningful Workforce Opportunities To Youths in North PhiladelphiaBy: Olivia Lamborn The Temple University Center for Community Partnerships (TUCCP) is an organization dedicated to seeking out workforce development and employment opportunities for adults and youth ages 17-24. Their youth programs are meant to help out those who have … Continue reading Partner Spotlight: Temple’s Center for Community Partnerships Brings Meaningful Workforce Opportunities To Youths in North Philadelphia
- Partner Spotlight: Maternity Care CoalitionBy Hafeezat Bishi Welcome to the latest edition to our partner spotlights, where we share information and the work of our LNPWI Partners. The Perinatal Community Health Worker Program (formerly the North Philadelphia Community Doula and Breastfeeding Program) at Maternity … Continue reading Partner Spotlight: Maternity Care Coalition